Friday, November 12, 2010

For the Poor Souls

A book (wherein you may write the names of your beloved dead) sits on the Lady Altar at St. Michael's Cathedral. Mass is offered for the repose of their souls throughout November.

My love urges Me to release the poor souls...I accept with highest pleasure what is offered to Me for the poor souls, for I long inexpressibly to have near Me those for whom I paid so great a price. By the prayers of thy loving soul, I am induced to free a prisoner from purgatory as often as thou dost move thy tongue to utter a word of prayer! 
    – Jesus in a vision of St. Gertrude the Great


1 comment:

  1. Memento etiam, Domine, famulorum famularumque tuarum, qui nos praecessunt cum signo fidei, et dormiunt in somno pacis... omnibus in Christo quiescentibus, locum refrigerii, lucis et pacis, ut indulgeas, deprecamur...

    ReplyDelete